Re: how can i get plpgsql in function?

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: "Muhammad Rusydi" <rusydi(at)cbn(dot)net(dot)id>
Cc: "John Clark L(dot) Naldoza" <njclark(at)ntsp(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>, "postgres general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how can i get plpgsql in function?
Date: 2001-05-05 04:50:40
Lists: pgsql-general

"Muhammad Rusydi" <rusydi(at)cbn(dot)net(dot)id> writes:

> > CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'PL/PGSQL' or something..;-)
> >
> but there's an error when i do this one
> parse error near ";" it says
> would you or anyone here help me again?

Easiest way to do this is to use the 'createlang' shell script that
ships with Postgres:

$ createlang -d <dbname> plpgsql

If you do it to the 'template1' database, all other DBs created after
that will have PL/PGSQL available.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,