Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for Linux/Unix systems

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for Linux/Unix systems
Date: 2006-01-31 03:35:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> We are actively looking for developers for the project. Please drop me
> an e-mail if you want to join this project. We will use Python, so you
> need to be a Python guy to join the project. We are in planning phase,
> if you join us earlier, we will be able to share more ideas.

You'd better define the purpose pretty clearly, as I don't see any
purpose that's of value, yet.

On my Debian systems, I can install PostgreSQL quite readily via the
command "apt-get install postgresql-8.1", which can get GUIed at least
somewhat if I run aptitude, synaptic, or such...

I could see there being some value in a GUI for managing postmaster
config files...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html