Re: Update 6.5 database files to 7.0

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: "Adam Wyard" <ism(at)candela(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update 6.5 database files to 7.0
Date: 2002-03-13 17:12:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Adam Wyard" <ism(at)candela(dot)com(dot)au> writes:

> The rough and ready solution is to move the databases to our newer server,
> which is running v7.0, but I now have the problem that there is apparently
> no way to upgrade the database files to the new version (without having a
> server running 6.5 to dump them).
>
> Is there a way to convert the databases from the files?

No, but:

ftp://ftp.us.postgresql.org/source/v6.5/postgresql-6.5.3.tar.gz

You should be able to build it and dump out your existing data files
to be imported into a later version.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught Wireboard Industries http://www.wireboard.com/

Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...