Re: JDBC Prepared Statement Bug

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: Dave Smith <dave(dot)smith(at)candata(dot)com>
Cc: Dave <dave(at)candata(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC Prepared Statement Bug
Date: 2002-03-14 16:48:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Dave Smith <dave(dot)smith(at)candata(dot)com> writes:

> Well it is actually coded as '\u0000' which is valid value for a
> character type. The 'C' backend takes this as '\0' and and end of line
> terminator.

Hmmm, I don't know all the ins and outs of the i18n stuff, but you
should probably be storing strings as UTF-8 if you expect PG to handle
them as character data. The String.getBytes(String enc) call should
do it.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught Wireboard Industries http://www.wireboard.com/

Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...