Re: postgresql books

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql books
Date: 2005-06-04 18:16:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when sql(at)zeouane(dot)org would write:
> "Gevik babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl> wrote:
>
>> Beside the documentation, which pg book would you recommend? Which one is
>> your personal favorite pg book?
>
> I saw an O'Reilly book [1] this afternoon at a bookshop here in
> Paris .. 'had to fight the urge to get my credit card out ... :-)
> Anyone know if it's any good ?

It's a bit dated, being based on the state of things in the 6.5/7.0
days, but is still quite useful.

It's frankly the one I keep on my desk the most, as I particularly
like its summary of the built-in functions of any of the books out
there.

The Douglas & Douglas book has one of the best descriptions going on
how to read query plans, so it's plenty useful in that regard...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html