Re: Extension Packaging

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers\(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extension Packaging
Date: 2011-04-23 20:03:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> For my extension I'm less concerned by having the install sql named in
> different ways or by the upgrade sql as all these files are generated
> by scripts. You may find useful this one

You can also generate that reliably in SQL. You install your extension
with CREATE EXTENSION then run the query over pg_depend and you have it
all. Then you can test this upgrade script you just got in SQL. Tom
also has a version that does the necessary string replacements using sed
from a bash script rather than the SQL replace() function.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-02/msg01208.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-02/msg01438.php

Regards,
--