Timezone matching script (win32)

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Timezone matching script (win32)
Date: 2010-04-13 12:09:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm breaking this out to a separate email thread, since i think the
original question may hvae been lost in the "I've applied this patch"
part that made people ignore it at the end of a long thread ;) There
are usually people who have thoughts about this kind of thing :-) So,
thoughts/suggestions on location?

- cut -
I've applied the patch to add the missing timezone names.

Before I did that I wrote a small perlscript that reads pgtz.c and
compares what's there to what's in the registry of the current
machine. Turns out I had missed one, which is Argentina Standard Time.

This script should probably live in CVS, and be run when Microsoft
releases new timezone data. Where should I put it - src/timezone or
somewhere in src/tools? (it does read pgtz.c in the current directory,
but it doesn't actually edit the file - just outputs on stdout a list
of changes to be made to the file manually)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/