Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list
Date: 2010-11-25 22:16:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> One thing I've often wished for is the ability to dump a specific
> function

See getddl from OmniTI, or the alternative version I kept forgetting to
put online somewhere:

https://labs.omniti.com/labs/pgtreats/wiki/getddl
https://github.com/dimitri/getddl

The OmniTI version will output a single file with all objects into a
single file, and my fork will do that in a directory structure with a
file per object or about (a single file containing all functions sharing
the same name, e.g.).

Both project goal is to make it easy to version (as in git) your DDL and
check for changes.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine