Adding Node support in outfuncs.c and readfuncs.c

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding Node support in outfuncs.c and readfuncs.c
Date: 2011-11-09 19:14:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

The task in $subject is something I will have to do repeatedly for
completing the Command Trigger patch. I've been doing some of them
manually, covering initdb. Then I've been scripting away the editing.

The script takes a Node number as input (because that's what you're
given in ERROR messages) and as an output will edit outfuncs.c and
readfuncs.c for you.

That's only intended as a developer friendly help, not a part of the
build process or the like, and I've been writing that in Emacs Lisp --
that's what make most sense to me (I don't do perl). Now, I intend to be
maintaining the script if needs be, and it could be useful for others
too.

What about adding that into src/tools/editors/pgsrc.el?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Attachment Content-Type Size