Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches?

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches?
Date: 2012-03-09 20:40:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Just to be clear, it wasn't my intention to hold command triggers
> specifically to a different standard - but I do differentiate between
> small patches and big patches. Small patches that someone can get
> committed with an hour's worth of review can be treated a little more
> leniently than large patches that may take many cycles of review
> adding up to days of effort, and I believe command triggers to be one
> such patch.

I share your view here, and in fact the code for the patch has been
updated in only two ways since 1/15: adding support for new commands and
reacting to review (refactoring, cleaning, features removal, fix the
glitch). That's the reason why I can see we're very near the end of it,
the code churn is about to be over now.

> There's been very little patch review going on, with a couple

Yeah, I'd like to get back reviewing soon too, obviously I've been
somehow more busy than expected.

> I'm not sure what to do about that, either: it doesn't seem very fair
> to start booting patches things that are in relatively good shape, but
> on the other hand I'm not willing to single-handedly (or even with
> both hands) take on the task of reviewing everything that nobody else
> is paying attention to.

It seems like February has seen lots of participants distracted away
from the commit fest, we should probably take this into account.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine