Re: robots.txt on git.postgresql.org

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: robots.txt on git.postgresql.org
Date: 2013-07-09 15:56:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Gitweb is horribly slow. I don't think anybody with a bigger git repo
> using gitweb can afford to let all the crawlers go through it.

What's blocking alternatives to be considered? I already did mention
cgit, which has the advantage to clearly show the latest patch on all
the active branches in its default view, which would match our branch
usage pretty well I think.

http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/
http://git.gnus.org/cgit/gnus.git/

Regards,