Re: Where to load modules from?

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where to load modules from?
Date: 2013-09-20 12:35:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> So... our usual comma-separated GUC syntax? Empty means no extra
> places to search.

Sounds pretty good to me.

The only advantage of using an initdb place would have been the
opportunity to actually register modules and WAL log that step so that
the standby pg_modules directory gets filled automatically.

I realise that might be another discussion and patch entirely.

I'll prepare a patch using GUCs just doing the bare minimum for now,
allowing to load modules from GUC directed places.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine 06 63 07 10 78