Completing PL support for Event Triggers

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Completing PL support for Event Triggers
Date: 2013-09-13 20:40:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Please find attached to this email three patches covering the missing PL
support for Event Triggers: pltcl, plperl and plpython.

Due to “platform” problems here tonight and the CF deadline, the
plpython patch is known not to pass regression tests on my machine. The
code is fully rebased and compiles without warning, though, so I'm still
entering it into this CF: hopefully I will figure out what's wrong with
my local plpython platform support here early next week.

I'm going to add the 3 attached patches to the CF as a single item, but
maybe we'll then split if we have separate subsystem maintainers for
those 3 PLs?

Given the size of the changes (docs included in the following stats) I
don't think that's going to be necessary, but well, let me know.

tcl 4 files changed, 204 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)
perl 4 files changed, 240 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
python 8 files changed, 165 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
total 16 files changed, 609 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Attachment Content-Type Size
event_trigger_plperl.v1.patch.gz application/octet-stream 3.7 KB
event_trigger_plpython.v1.patch.gz application/octet-stream 3.3 KB
event_trigger_pltcl.v1.patch.gz application/octet-stream 3.5 KB