Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates
Date: 2011-11-27 20:24:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
>> I wonder if you could implement that as an extension given the command
>> trigger patch finds its way in.  What do you think?
>>
> Unfortunately, it does not solve my point.

[...]

> It is also reason why I mentioned about an idea that put prep-creation hook
> on a limited number of object classes only. It requires us code modification
> to maintain an opaque private between prep- and post- hooks.

In my current proposal for command triggers, the trigger procedure is
given schemaname and objectname as separate arguments. It seems to me
easy enough to use that as a key to some data structure where the value
is any opaque data you need, and that you maintain in your extension
triggers code. You can write them in C.

I don't think schemaname+objectname fails to be unique, so I don't think
you need another kind of Oid in BEFORE creation triggers here.

--
Dimitri Fontaine