Re: extra spaces

From: Roland Roberts <roland(at)astrofoto(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net, php-db(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net
Subject: Re: extra spaces
Date: 2000-12-16 03:59:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Soma> All values called from the database are still padded with
Soma> extra spaces from the column size in the database. Is this
Soma> normal - I don't remember this happening when I was using
Soma> MySQL. I thought usually the database stripped the extra
Soma> spaces when it retrieved the values.

I guess I missed the orginal post about the problem, but...

Are your columns char() or varchar()? The former is padded in
PostgreSQL but not MySQL. The latter is what you really want.

roland
--
PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
Roland B. Roberts, PhD RL Enterprises