Re: BUG #6704: ALTER EXTENSION postgis SET SCHEMA leaves dangling relations

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, jeff <jeff(at)pgexperts(dot)com>, Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #6704: ALTER EXTENSION postgis SET SCHEMA leaves dangling relations
Date: 2012-09-13 16:41:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr> writes:
> I think we shouldn't change the content of pg_depend lightly here, and

So here's a patch following that idea.

Even for TIP I don't want us to change how pg_depend tracking is done,
because I want to propose a fix for the pg_dump bug wrt sequences and
pg_extension_config_dump() wherein you can actually register a sequence
(owned by a table or not) but then pg_dump fails to dump it (see report
from Marko Kreen)

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/CACMqXCJjauc9jPa64VxskRN67bYjuYmodz-Mgy-_aoZ6ErG3Yg@mail.gmail.com

Regards,
--