Re: Truncate if exists

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Truncate if exists
Date: 2012-10-12 19:58:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Uh, we had an execute() function of sorts in the extensions patch; that
> seems to have been ripped out. Do we want it back?

It was pretty different from what's being proposed here, as it was the
server-side version of psql \i feature, that is, executing commands read
directly from a SQL file on the server file's system.

I'd much prefer that we spend time making such an hypothetical feature
that irrelevant in all cases. There's still some work here, because the
feature only is hypothetical to end users, that's exactly what we rely
on today in the backend internal code…

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine