Re: Oracle and Postgresql

From: Lars Haugseth <njus(at)larshaugseth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle and Postgresql
Date: 2008-09-04 17:57:39
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

* richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com ("Richard Broersma") wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Kevin Hunter <hunteke(at)earlham(dot)edu> wrote:
>
> > 7. Though I don't personally buy it, I have heard others complain
> > loudly that there is no print-version of Postgres documentation.
>

> This one should be taken off the list. The postgresql online
> reference manual is in print( volumes 1 - 3)
> http://www.amazon.com/PostgreSQL-Reference-Manual-SQL-Language/dp/0954612027/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Though I mostly use the online version, I'm considering buying these.
However, I'm probably going to kill myself if I find a new edition for
sale only a short while after I've bought them. Are there any plans to
release an updated set in the near future?

--
Lars Haugseth

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to
retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it." -Tom Lehrer