JDBC Insert row?

From: alec(at)cr464730-a(dot)poco1(dot)bc(dot)home(dot)com (Alec Smecher)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC Insert row?
Date: 2000-09-06 20:01:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

It appears that the JDBC insert row feature has not been implemented. Is there any news on when this is planned?

I was planning on using this feature to determine the value of an automatically-assigned primary key column when a single row is inserted without having to do a query following the insertion, although I'm not sure if default values are assigned to the insert row according to the JDBC spec. Is there an easy way to do this without the insert row feature?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher(at)home(dot)com