Re: [HACKERS] pltcl and LDAP

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: Joe Conway <jconway2(at)home(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pltcl and LDAP
Date: 2000-02-23 15:34:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:

> Joe Conway wrote:
>
> > I modified pltcl.c to load a non-safe interpreter and recompiled. This
> > allowed me to use the "load" command, but the tclLDAP library still would
> > not load. The error message is:
> >
> > ERROR: pltcl: couldn't load file "/usr/lib/tclLDAP/Ldap.so":
> > /usr/lib/tclLDAP/Ldap.so: undefined symbol: Tcl_PkgProvide (#1)
>
> Um - and that's the only unresolved one?
>
> Which version of Tcl is used from PL/Tcl, and which version
> is the Ldap.so linked against?

I've checked by using a normal (unsafe) interpreter like you.
And I had no problems loading a shared extension that
definitely calls Tcl_PkgProvide().

But this reminds me to some similar dynamic loading problems
Bruce had once with PL/pgSQL on FreeBSD with global
variables.

So what's your platform, compiler, Tcl-version?

I'm using Linux 2.2.x, glibc-2, gcc 2.8.1, Tcl 8.0 here.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #