Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!
Date: 100-01-01 03:11:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'm personally hoping for *some* sort of catastrophe...with all the hype,
> something interesting has to happen :)

You too?

Now it's 01/01/2000 04:08 here in Harsefeld, and absolutely
nothing happened, not one single power peak or fail, not any
single radio station telling any kind about Y2K problems.
Really frustrating, if I think about all the stress during
the past months.

Anyway, something interesting has happened.

PostgreSQL, known as the dinosaur of databases, survived Y2K.
And ISTM, it's in a better condition than ever before. Isn't
that worth all the efford, anyone of us spent?

Thanks to all, all over the world, and a happy new year.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #