Re: AW: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on (pgindent)

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: AW: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on (pgindent)
Date: 1999-12-21 16:30:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If changing the tabs is too radical, it'd at least be a good idea to add
> a section to the Developers' FAQ explaining how to set up all the common
> editors for Postgres. I can contribute a recipe for Emacs, but I have
> no idea how to do it for vi or anything else...

In ~/.exrc you need:

set tabstop=4
set sw=4

That's all. But I like 8-spaced tabs anyway. It's a very old
de-facto standard (I think CP/M already treated TAB this
way), so having something different is definitely what Tom
said - a reason for potential contributors NOT do contribute.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #