Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: kyle(at)actarg(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-12-07 02:12:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Kyle Bateman <kyle(at)actarg(dot)com> writes:
> > [ wish list ]
> > - Get rid of size restrictions on queries (16K)
> > - Could a subquery be included in the target list of a query
> > select a,(select b from c) from d where e = f;
> > (Not sure if this one is even standard SQL.)
>
> FWIW, the above two things are already done in current sources.

Uh,

who did the latter one?

Just running some qry through psql I see that it works
partially. Especially I see a

ExecSetParamPlan: more than one tuple returned by expression subselect

So I assume it's not implemented in the form I outlined - the
subselecting range table entry. I'll take a look at it the
next days and maybe complain about that change if it
interferes with the needs of the rule system to make
aggregate, distinct, group by, sort by and all the other
(long wanted) view stuff possible.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #