New developer globe (was: Re: [HACKERS] Interesting Quote you might enjoy about PGSQL.)

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, wieck(at)debis(dot)com, lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu, lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Subject: New developer globe (was: Re: [HACKERS] Interesting Quote you might enjoy about PGSQL.)
Date: 1999-10-12 16:20:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > You mean one with the mountains - no?
> > >
> > > Well, I'll spend some time, polish up the Povray sources etc.
> > > so Vince can easily maintain the map after - only that he
> > > needs Povray 3.1 and maybe Tcl/Tk 8.0 to do it, but that
> > > shouldn't be a problem since both are freely available and
> > > easily to install.
>
> I have tcl 8.0.5 and povray here too.

I've setup an example for the new developers page at

<http://www.PostgreSQL.ORG/~wieck>

The image size is adjusted for the page width.

To maintain the hotspots I made a little, slightly
overspecialized, Tcl/Tk application that creates the imagemap
so it can easily be pasted into the page.

I'll contact you and Vince via private mail after packing it
up.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #