Re: [HACKERS] More on GROUP BY

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] More on GROUP BY
Date: 1999-05-12 15:16:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:

> I'll go ahead now in little steps.
>
> 1. Get rid of the TLE copy in GroupClause.

Done. GroupClause now identifies the TLE by a number which is
placed into the Resdom by parser/rewriter.

New initdb required because of modifications in node
print/read functions.

> 2. Move the targetlist expansion into the rule system.

Not required anymore AFAICS. Instead I modified the
targetlist preprocessing in the planner so that junk
attributes used by group clauses get added again to the
expanded list.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #