Re: [SQL] plpgsql error

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: nisai(at)m1p17-235(dot)waterauthority(dot)state(dot)fl(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org, michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com
Subject: Re: [SQL] plpgsql error
Date: 1999-05-11 17:45:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Nisai Wanakule wrote:

> What version that has Procedural Language support for Perl?

None - there is only client access support for Perl so far.
I'm still waiting for a Perl guru who has the knowledge how
to integrate a Perl interpreter into another program.

I've implemented the CREATE LANGUAGE and changed the function
manager to recognize functions in procedural languages. And
I've written PL/Tcl and PL/pgSQL, so I can (and am willing
to) answer all questions about how to interface from a new
language module to fmgr or SPI. But I'm not willing to learn
Perl, Python etc. plus their API just to create all these
PL's.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #