Re: [HACKERS] Python interface is out of date

From: "D'Arcy" "J(dot)M(dot)" Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Python interface is out of date
Date: 1999-05-10 17:46:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> > The version of the Python interface, PyGreSQL, is still 2.2 in the
> > src/interfaces/python directory in the current CVS. The current version
> > of PyGreSQL is 2.3, available from http://www.druid.net/pygresql/:

Heh. Now I'm about to release version 3.0. I suspect it won't be
ready in time but I suppose that's the sort of thing that can go in after
release, right? There are a few bugs in 2.3, mostly relating to money.
There are also a few new features.

- Insert returns None if the user doesn't have select permissions
on the table. It can (and does) happen that one has insert but
not select permissions on a table.
- Added ntuples() method to query object (brit(at)druid(dot)net)
- Corrected a bug related to getresult() and the money type
- Corrected a but related to negative money amounts
- Allow update based on primary key if munged oid not available
- Add many __doc__ strings. (andre(at)via(dot)ecp(dot)fr)

Hopefully we will have the new DB-SIG interface ready soon and 3.0 will
be released. In the meantime, the beta versions are generally pretty
stable if anyone wants to use them. The latest beta is always here.

ftp://ftp.druid.net/pub/distrib/PyGreSQL-beta.tgz

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves