Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy" "J(dot)M(dot)" Cain)
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com, hannu(at)trust(dot)ee, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))
Date: 1999-03-26 17:59:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Thus spake Jan Wieck
> > I've removed that jaundice one and slightly polished up the
> > jewel. There's now a "Carried by" logo too. And I've added
> > another idea to the whole thing - just take a look.
>
> I know that "Powered by" isn't quite right but "Carried by" doesn't
> seem right either. I understand the elephant reference in "Carried
> by" but I bet most people won't get it right off. How does this
> one sound? "Empowered by."

In the context of computers (and thus any WEB server), the
word "Power" only reminds me to something measured in Volts
and Amperes. So I just wanted to get rid of it.

I really liked the "PostgreSQL underneath" for the
crocodiles. But that doesn't fit for an elephant.

What about these:

PostgreSQL
in background

PostgreSQL
accelerated

Supported by
PostgreSQL

PostgreSQL
driven

Or just without any such wording - why not?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #