Re: [SQL] setting select limit?

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: maillist(at)remo(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk (Neil Burrows)
Cc: oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] setting select limit?
Date: 1999-02-11 12:21:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Hi,
>
> > You need v6.4.2-feature-patch which implement LIMIT option:
>
> Or alternatively if you can't or don't want to apply a patch, have a look at
> the
>
> SET QUERY_LIMIT TO x
>
> in Postgres 6.4

It is commented out by default (#ifdef QUERY_LIMIT) and I
recommend NOT to enable it.

The implementation of SET QUERY_LIMIT hat unwanted side
effects. If during the execution of such a query functions or
triggers get invoked, the query limit also affects the
execution of their queries. That could damage triggers or
give unpredictable results on functions.

I'll ensure that the SET QUERY_LIMIT code will be removed in
v6.5.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #