Re: [HACKERS] TIME QUALIFICATION

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: vadim(at)krs(dot)ru, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] TIME QUALIFICATION
Date: 1999-02-11 10:03:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just a little question:

> Vadim wrote:
>
> > Ok. If you feel that QueryIds is easier way to go then do it.
> > In any case some preprocessing of plan tree just before execution
> > will be required.
> > BTW, why not use CommandIds ?

For that preprocessing required to associate RTE's with
snapshots I need the exact output of the rewrite system at
ExecutorStart() time, so I'm able to find all the RTE's.

So far I've found that the planner NULL's out subselects in
_make_subplan(). A first (very little) test showed, that it
seems to work without doing so too. Who coded that and why
is it done there?

Does anyone know about other places in the code mucking with
the parsetrees after I'm done with them in the rewrite
system?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #