Re: [SQL] Function returning multiple rows?

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com (Jackson, DeJuan)
Cc: kudo(at)partitur(dot)se, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Function returning multiple rows?
Date: 1999-02-06 17:39:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Not currently.

Partly right. We cannot return multiple row's (at least the
return values aren't useful). But an SQL language function
can return multiple results.

Only works for SQL language, not C or PL.

CREATE FUNCTION usersingroup(int4) RETURNS SETOF int4 AS '
SELECT userid FROM groups WEHRE grp = $1;
' LANGUAGE 'sql';

> > When doing a
> >
> > SELECT usersingroup(100);
> >
> > I only get the first row. Is there any way to get all the rows?

With the above you'll get multiple results. The magic word
is SETOF.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #