Re: [HACKERS] create rule

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] create rule
Date: 1999-01-04 09:21:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi all,
>
> Seems that no one of the examples on 'man create_rule' does works.
> What about to try every example on man pages?
> Seems that's posssible to create a rule on event SELECT only to define
> Am I wrong ?

You're right and the man page for CREATE RULE is outdated.
Rules on the SELECT event are 100% restricted to view
definitions now (one single instead action that selects
exactly the same attribute types and names the relation
itself has).

I must still update that man page, thanks.

In the meantime you might want to take a look at the rule
system documentation of the programmers manual, which I've
written entirely from scratch after the fixes to the rule
system for v6.4.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #