Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.1 release

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: hannu(at)trust(dot)ee, lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.1 release
Date: 1998-12-14 09:23:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Hannu Krosing wrote:
>
> > I'd like to see Jans 2 patches, the LIMIT one and the one that
> > makes ORDER BY ose index if one is available (actually it omits the
> > unnecessary sort node if possible).
>
> v6.4.1 is a bug fix release, no extra features will be added...Jan
> is planning on releasing a 'LIMIT-patch' after v6.4.1 so that if someone
> wants it, its there, but it will not be in the standard distribution until
> v6.5...

As it is already in the v6.4-feature-patch you'll find in the
patches directory on ftp.

Does anyone have experience with the patch suppressing sort
on ORDER BY? If so and experiences are positive, I would also
give it a try and include it into the feature patch of
v6.4.1.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #