char(8) vs char8

From: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain)
To: hackers(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: char(8) vs char8
Date: 1998-05-14 14:40:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This was an unexpected difference between these two types and I wonder
if it was meant to be this way. Previously, a char8 field with the
string 'abc' would return 'abc' as expected. Now, with char(8), I get
back 'abc ' instead. You can see this with my PygreSQL module
or the C interface (which my module uses, of course.) This causes a
lot of my programs to break.

I have made a quick change to my Python module to handle this. Should
I clean it up or can I expect the behaviour to go back the way it was?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves