Re: AW: [HACKERS] triggers, views and rules (not instead)

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: vadim(at)sable(dot)krasnoyarsk(dot)su (Vadim B(dot) Mikheev)
Cc: Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at, jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: AW: [HACKERS] triggers, views and rules (not instead)
Date: 1998-02-23 08:19:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vadim wrote:

> ??? Old instance rules system was removed by Jolly & Andrew and so
> it never supported SQL. I hope that Jan will give us PL/pgSQL soon
> and it will be used for triggers, without changing current trigger
> implementation...

I'll start on PL/pgSQL as soon as the view-aggregate, insert-
select-view and the pg_user-freed-cc_tupdesc problems are
fixed. But due to time I think PL/pgSQL will be an add on
after 6.3 and I'm very sure it will not require any more
changes to the trigger implementation.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #