Re: Error when installing pgAdmin on Windows 7 x64

From: Jan De Ryck <ryck(at)hawaii(dot)edu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error when installing pgAdmin on Windows 7 x64
Date: 2011-06-09 21:29:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Mashuka <mashuka <at> gmx.com> writes:

> While executingpgAgent INSTALL pgAgent -u postgres -p postgres
hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=mydb user=postgres password=mypasswordI'm recieving a
Windows error message "The application failed to initialize properly
(0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate the application."
> I've found out that it's more or less common problem for Windoxs 7 x64,
sometimes it is solved by reinstalling .NET Framework or DirectX or whatever.
But I'm not sure that pgAgent uses .NET Framework or DirectX. So, if anyone
knows if it is possible to start pgAgent on Windows 7 without getting this nasty
error, I'll be grateful.

> Thanks in advance.

> Sent from the PostgreSQL - pgadmin support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

I had the same problem when trying to install the pgagent executable with the
pgadmin that comes with postgres. After I installed a separate copy of pgadmin
from www.pgadmin.org, and moved pgagent.exe and pgaevent.dll to the new pgadmin3
directory, I could install the pgagent service correctly and start it without
error message.

My postgres is the 64 bit precompiled one. maybe the pgadmin that comes with it
is 64 bit also and it causes a problem?