Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C
Date: 2014-04-20 18:00:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, here is the first draft against current master. It builds on Windows
with VS 2012 and on FreeBSD 10 with clang 3.3. I ran the regression
tests on Windows, they all pass.

The changed behavior is limited to Windows, where it now silently
ignores Ctrl-C and Ctrl-Break when started via pg_ctl start.

I don't think there is currently any support for switch-type long
options, so rather than invent my own, I squeezed the two lines I added
into postmaster.c where they fit best; unfortunately, the result is
quite ugly. I'll be happy to refine that if someone can give me a hint
on how to do it.

Patch attached, will add to CF soon.

--
Christian

Attachment Content-Type Size
win32-background.patch text/plain 6.6 KB