Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp, jpr(at)cr168790-a(dot)nmkt1(dot)on(dot)wave(dot)home(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'
Date: 1999-04-29 11:42:18
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

At 18:02 +0300 on 27/04/1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> I also use LinuxPPC R4. So I guess there's something special with YDL
> and R5, not with your builds. (BTW, what is YDL?) I'm going to try R5
> after official R5 is released.

Yellow Dog Linux is yet another version of linux for PPC. It appears that
it has many common features with R5, but will not have the installer and
Netscape Communicator.

It seems that the most important (and relevant?) feature of these two
flavors of linux is that they use glibc2 instead of libc5, which was the C
library on R4. This means everything relating to dynamically loaded code is
changed.

Disclaimer: This is just a superficial observation based on reading the
LinuxPPC website. I have no actual experience with LinuxPPC, as I intend to
install it for the first time on my mac when R5 is out.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma