Re: [GENERAL] Mirror Sites...

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Mirror Sites...
Date: 1998-05-26 16:03:20
Lists: pgsql-general

At 17:05 +0300 on 26/5/98, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> We currently have ~7 WWW mirror sites, spread as:
>
> 1 - Germany
> 1 - United Kingdom
> 1 - Israel
> 1 - Sweden
> 1 - Poland
> 1 - Philippines
> 1 - Spain

Hey, how long have these been on? Suddenly, www.postgresql.org throws me
right out to the Israeli mirror.

I really hate it when people are forcing me to change site. Too frequently,
mirror sites are down, or the mirror software doesn't work, or their
network is unreachable for unfathomable reasons of topology. And then I'm
stumped - I can't reach the original site, and I can't reach the mirror,
and the addresses of the other mirrors are, generally, in the site - which
I can't reach.

By the way, the mirror doesn't reflect vampires... I mean CGIs... so I
suggest that all links in the site, which link to a cgi-bin address, become
absolute rather than relative.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.