Re: [INTERFACES] pgsql for W95

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pgsql for W95
Date: 1998-05-17 13:04:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 7:30 +0300 on 14/5/98, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> Yes. There is a library called pgsql.tcl that implements the libpgtcl
> procedures but in pure Tcl. You need to have Tcl 8.0 in order to make it
> work. I tried it with PgAccess and it works fine. There are some
> problems (minor problems) under W95.

Let me get this straight: Doesn't that mean that I can then use PgAccess
from my Macintosh as well?

With which version of pgsql is this interface compatible? Currently I'm
using 6.2.1, but plan on upgrading to 6.3.2 when I finish my current
application. Since there are differences in the communications with the
backend, I assume the package you just described is compatible with only
one of them. Which one is that?

Herouth