Re: [SQL] parts of date_part()

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: Eric McKeown <ericm(at)palaver(dot)net>, PGsql <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] parts of date_part()
Date: 1998-08-26 08:57:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

At 2:33 +0300 on 25/8/98, Eric McKeown wrote:

> Well, I've done some digging in the FAQ, the user documentation, and the
> man pages, so I hope nobody screams 'RTFM' on this question, but I suppose
> you're welcome to if it was somewhere obvious and I missed it.
>
> I'm looking for a complete list of the different "date parts" that I can
> use to extract information about a given datetime value in a table.

Actually, it is an RTFM...

>From the manpage of pgbuiltin (my postgres version is 6.2.1):

For the date_part() and date_trunc() functions, arguments
can be `year', `month', `day', `hour', `minute', and
`second', as well as the more specialized quantities
`decade', `century', `millenium', `millisecond', and
`microsecond'. date_part() allows `dow' to return day of
week and `epoch' to return seconds since 1970 for datetime
and 'epoch' to return total elapsed seconds for timespan.

So...

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.