Re: [GENERAL] WWW: user gallery

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] WWW: user gallery
Date: 1998-06-21 09:28:19
Lists: pgsql-general
At 15:19 +0300 on 19/6/98, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> I must say that I think that the link on the 'submit' page is very confusing.

Here's yet another suggestion: why not make the entire submission a form?
You can simply use one of the standard CGIs that fills in a template with
the form fields and sends it to the aformentioned mail address.

Personally, once I saw that I have to start formatting an email according
to some specification (which requires me to go back and forth from my email
prog to Netscape to see what's next), I just gave up on the idea. A form is
much easier to fill, and it's not the sort of CGI that will draw 10,000
hits an hour... Just remember to make the ACTION a fully-qualified URL, so
that the mirrors won't complain.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.