Re: [INTERFACES] LiveWire Javascript and PGSQL

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: "Roeland M(dot)J(dot) Meyer" <rmeyer(at)mhsc(dot)com>, "LIST - PGSQL Interface" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] LiveWire Javascript and PGSQL
Date: 1998-10-18 09:49:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 22:56 +0200 on 15/10/98, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> Has anyone tried LiveWire (any version) against a PQSQL database?

PostgreSQL is not one of the native databases supported by LiveWire. The
only conceivable way of connecting to PostgreSQL from LiveWire is through
ODBC.

Since most of us use unix, usually our web servers are also unix-based, not
NT-based (yuck). So it would mean using unix-based ODBC.

The problem here is that the ODBC driver for unix is really not a mature
product. There have been tests and improvements over the last couple of
months but I for one don't feel confident about installing iODBC, the
postODBC driver, and the mysterious configuration files just as yet.

If you feel up to the challenge, I'll be glad to hear whether you have
succeeded - especially if you happen to be working on a Solaris sparc
(2.5.1 or 2.6).

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.