Documentation nitpick

From: peder+postgresql(at)klingenberg(dot)no (Peder O(dot) Klingenberg)
To: pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Documentation nitpick
Date: 2011-06-23 12:37:01
Lists: pgsql-testers

Being a newcomer to Postgresql, I'm just playing around with the 9.1
betas.

I was looking at the sample postgresql.conf and the docs in parallel,
trying to set the parameters sensibly. Mostly, the sequence of the
parameters in the sample file corresponds to the explanations in chapter
18 <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/runtime-config.html>.

But in the sample file, the "synchronous_standby_names" parameter is the
first parameter under the heading "- Streaming Replication - Server
Settings" while in the documentation, that parameter has its own
subsection 18.5.5 after the "streaming replication" section 18.5.4.
Since the rest of section 18.5.4 was more than a screenful in my
browser, at first glance i didn't spot 18.5.5 and was confused.

This is of course a very minor, cosmetic detail, but it's the kind of
thing that easily becomes invisible if you're familiar enough with the
project, so I thought I'd mention it.

...Peder...
--
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.