Re: Backup with Java

From: Marc Herbert <Marc(dot)Herbert(at)continuent(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backup with Java
Date: 2006-11-30 17:54:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com> writes:

> If you tie the dump software to the server, how will you do a dump of an
> old server using the new dump client ?

Simply by leaving a deprecated, backward-compatibility mode in
the pg_dump client?

Or, as said above, even more simply by using an old client.

I think everyone agrees that a dump involves a good knowledge of
internal server data. So I fully agree with Tomi: it seems a bit
awkward to implement this externally.