Extending PostgreSQL

From: "Amir Behgooy" <behgooy(at)cs(dot)uiuc(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Extending PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-02-11 08:30:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-general

Hi,

We are trying to design a 2 to 3 week long project for a graduate course in
Database systems at our university. We are supposed to use PostgreSQL and
add some functionality to it or make some appropriate modifications. Do you
have any suggestions on what can be a useful, yet easy to finish in 2-3
weeks project?
What do you think about implementing Extendible hashing or adding support
for semi-joins? Has the sort-merge join method been implemented in
PostgreSQL? If yes, what are the files corresponding to it?

Regards,
Amir