Re: Default gucs for EXPLAIN

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Vik Fearing" <vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Default gucs for EXPLAIN
Date: 2020-05-23 18:16:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This is a very good improvement! Using information about buffers is my favorite way to optimize queries.

Not having BUFFERS enabled by default means that in most cases, when asking for help, people send execution plans without buffers info.

And it's simply in on event to type "(ANALYZE, BUFFERS)" all the time.

So I strongly support this change, thank you, Vik.