How to use question mark in query thru ODBC from Windows

From: Kari Lempiainen <kari(at)funky(dot)pp(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to use question mark in query thru ODBC from Windows
Date: 2000-06-24 18:47:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm using ODBC-interface in Windows 200 to access data from PostgreSQL
database in Linux box. My query is like:
select id from records where name = 'How are you?'

I get errors from the ODBC:
SQLExecDirect: SQL Error: 1
SQL State: S1000
Error string: Error while executing the query;
ERROR: Unterminated quoted string

I've analyzed the problem to be the question mark. ODBC thinks that
I'm using ? as a parameter marker, which obviously isn't the problem.
I've tried replacing ? with \? with no success (like I have to use \'
instead of '). What can I do to get the question mark go thru driver?

Cheers,

Kari