Re: Win32 timezone matching

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 timezone matching
Date: 2010-04-07 10:31:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 00:48, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 00:02, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> Oh, another thought here: what is the effect of the combination of this
>>> with your other proposal to add more timezones to the list?
>
>> [ none ]
>
> Ah, right, I hadn't looked closely at the logic before.  Still have
> two comments though:
>
> * There are other error conditions that cause "break"s in that loop.
> Should we change the others?

The only other error condition is if we find a key but can't open it.
That indicates something that's *seriously* wrong, so I'm inclined to
keep that one. The other two break statements are actually for when we
*find* a match, so they just indicate that we pick the first match
that we find.

> * There is a comment at the head of win32_tzmap[] explaining where the
> data came from; you need to update that.

Right.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/