Re: Unending DB migration

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unending DB migration
Date: 2012-04-20 23:48:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

ЇЯЅHAÐ wrote on 17.04.2012 01:27:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to migrate from Postgres to Oracle, although our DB is gigantic
> but we started on Mar 14th 2012 & its still running with an average of 400000 records per day
>
> How can we check what is going wrong.
> Any memory leak, CPU issue or anything.

If you are migrating *to* Oracle, then you should probably ask this question in an Oracle forum.

Or is it the reading of the old data that is that slow?

But anyway: without a lot more information about *how* you do the migration nobody will be able to help you

Which program(s) do you use to migrate the data?
What type of connection do you have between the two servers?
What exactly is slow (inserting into Oracle, selecting from Postgres?)